Women’s Sexual Habits and Other Extremely Personal Information Were Shared With Facebook By Popular Period Tracking AppsSeptember 10, 2019
Two popular period-tracking apps are believed to have shared their users’ personal information – including details...
Incorrect Passwords Entered During Login Attempts Should Be Considered Private DataSeptember 5, 2019
While pretty much everyone in the modern world understands that passwords should be treated as private...
Encryption Company Sues CyberSecurity Conference After Getting Booed, Heckled, And RidiculedAugust 26, 2019
Cryptography startup, Crown Sterling, is suing the organizers of the Black Hat USA cybersecurity conference after...
You Cannot Reset Your Fingerprints: Major Breach In Security System Used By Banks And Police Underscores A Severe Problem With Biometric AuthenticationAugust 15, 2019
The fingerprints of over 1 million people, as well facial recognition information, unencrypted passwords, and other...
Capital One Breach Statement: No Social Security Numbers Were Compromised… Other Than 140,000 Social Security NumbersJuly 30, 2019
Capital One Financial Corporation announced today that ten days ago it determined that an unauthorized party,...
FaceApp: How You Can Safely Use The Viral Photo Manipulation App Despite Serious Privacy ConcernsJuly 18, 2019
Despite all of the warnings that you have seen, it is possible to use FaceApp without...
Fraudulent WhatsApp Messages Circulate Telling Users That They Must Pay To Continue Using the AppJuly 8, 2019
Over the past few days, several scam messages began circulating via WhatsApp – some of which...
The Government Wants To Dramatically Weaken Your Encryption. Here Is Why It Should Not.July 3, 2019
Late last week, reports emerged that, once again, senior United States government officials are contemplating seeking...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2020 (8)
- ▼January (8)
- How To Prevent Facial Recognition Technology From Identifying You
- Why You Should Stop Using Windows 7 ASAP
- Apple vs. FBI Round 2: Apple Refuses To Unlock Phones Belonging To Florida Naval Air Station Shooter
- Apple vs. The FBI: What Does the Law Actually Say?
- Why Apple Is Fighting the FBI – and What It Means to You
- Y2K-Type Bug Hits New York City And Various Businesses 20 Years After Y2K
- Do Not Abbreviate The Year 2020 As “20” When Writing The Date: Use “January 3, 2020,” Not “1/3/20”
- The 2020s Will Be The Decade Of Artificial Intelligence - And Huge Related Societal Challenges
- ▼January (8)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (7)
- Book Review (4)
- Cool Tech (39)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (244)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (11)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (7)
- News (68)
- Politics (12)
- Privacy (5)
- Product Review (1)
- Scams and Crime (42)
- Social Media (30)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER