Online Retailers That Cancel Purchases Continue To Utilize Personal Information Gathered During The Attempted TransactionsFebruary 2, 2021
While we have become somewhat accustomed to the data collection practices of online retailers seeking to...
Images Of Government-Issued IDs Should Not Be Trusted For AuthenticationJanuary 11, 2021
Government Issued identity documents (IDs), such as passports and drivers’ licenses, may be appropriate forms of...
Social Media Account Verification Messages: CyberCriminals’ Latest Phishing Technique Exploits Both Human Emotions And Anti-Fraud TechniquesDecember 1, 2020
Social media users’ delight at receiving notification that their accounts have qualified for Verification (that is,...
Even Without Seeing You, People Can Read Your Lips, Identify You, and Read Your Writing – Thanks To Wi-FiNovember 23, 2020
Did you know that by analyzing Wi-Fi signals governments and others can spy on you physically,...
Stop Saying You Don’t Need To Worry About Privacy and CyberSecurity Because You Don’t Have Anything To Hide. You Have Plenty.November 17, 2020
Frequently, I hear people who fail to practice even basic cybersecurity hygiene justify their actions with...
“Cybersecurity For Dummies” Book Now Available In German (Das Buch “Cybersicherheit für Dummies” ist jetzt in deutscher Sprache verfügbar)September 10, 2020
Cybersecurity For Dummies, Joseph Steinberg’s best-selling introduction for general audiences to cybersecurity, is now available in...
Do Our Laws Prohibiting The Publishing Of Officials’ Home Addresses And Phone Numbers Actually Keep Anyone Safe?August 17, 2020
Posting online the home address and/or home phone number of anyone serving as a judge or...
Many Security Cameras Tell Criminals When You Are Not Home – Even If Would-Be Robbers Cannot Access Your VideosJuly 14, 2020
Internet-connected cameras placed inside your home might allow would-be burglars to easily determine when nobody is...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2021 (14)
- ▼February (6)
- Do Not Post Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card On Social Media
- Beware Fraudulent Emails, Websites, and Faxes Bearing Names Of Real Attorneys And Law Firms
- Giving Smaller Businesses The Critical Power Of Large Community Threat Intelligence: A High-Level Look at CrowdSec
- Free COVID-19 Masks Arriving At People’s Homes Across The USA Are Likely Part Of A Cyber Scam
- La Cybersécurité pour les Nuls: Best-Selling “Cybersecurity For Dummies” Book Now Available In French
- Online Retailers That Cancel Purchases Continue To Utilize Personal Information Gathered During The Attempted Transactions
- ►January (8)
- ▼February (6)
- ►2020 (51)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (10)
- Book Review (8)
- Cool Tech (48)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (295)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (14)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (13)
- News (107)
- Politics (26)
- Privacy (16)
- Product Review (2)
- Scams and Crime (58)
- Social Media (37)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER