Scams and Crime
Beware Fraudulent Emails, Websites, and Faxes Bearing Names Of Real Attorneys And Law FirmsFebruary 10, 2021
Criminals are impersonating attorneys and law firms as part of sophisticated versions of classic “Nigerian Prince”...
Free COVID-19 Masks Arriving At People’s Homes Across The USA Are Likely Part Of A Cyber ScamFebruary 7, 2021
People living in many different areas of the USA are reporting receiving to their homes in...
Images Of Government-Issued IDs Should Not Be Trusted For AuthenticationJanuary 11, 2021
Government Issued identity documents (IDs), such as passports and drivers’ licenses, may be appropriate forms of...
Warning To Employers And Their Former Employees: Ex-Engineer Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison For Hacking Cisco’s WebExDecember 14, 2020
A former Cisco engineer was sentenced this past Wednesday (December 9, 2020) to 24 months in...
Social Media Account Verification Messages: CyberCriminals’ Latest Phishing Technique Exploits Both Human Emotions And Anti-Fraud TechniquesDecember 1, 2020
Social media users’ delight at receiving notification that their accounts have qualified for Verification (that is,...
Beware Emails Discussing President Trump’s Health – Many Are Disguised CyberattacksOctober 7, 2020
Beware emails with subject lines related to President Trump’s COVID-19 infection and general health; many such...
US Government Threatens To Punish Anyone Who Pays Ransomware Ransoms, Or Even Negotiates With, Sanctioned HackersOctober 5, 2020
Any person, business, or organization that pays a ransomware ransom, or that helps others negotiate and...
Uber’s Former Chief Security Officer (CSO) Charged With Crimes For Allegedly Trying To Cover Up Data BreachAugust 25, 2020
A criminal complaint filed last Thursday in federal court charges Uber’s former Chief Security Officer (CSO),...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2021 (14)
- ▼February (6)
- Do Not Post Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card On Social Media
- Beware Fraudulent Emails, Websites, and Faxes Bearing Names Of Real Attorneys And Law Firms
- Giving Smaller Businesses The Critical Power Of Large Community Threat Intelligence: A High-Level Look at CrowdSec
- Free COVID-19 Masks Arriving At People’s Homes Across The USA Are Likely Part Of A Cyber Scam
- La Cybersécurité pour les Nuls: Best-Selling “Cybersecurity For Dummies” Book Now Available In French
- Online Retailers That Cancel Purchases Continue To Utilize Personal Information Gathered During The Attempted Transactions
- ►January (8)
- ▼February (6)
- ►2020 (51)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (10)
- Book Review (8)
- Cool Tech (48)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (295)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (14)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (13)
- News (107)
- Politics (26)
- Privacy (16)
- Product Review (2)
- Scams and Crime (58)
- Social Media (37)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER