All posts tagged "data breach"
We Must Condemn, Not Celebrate, The Download of Parler’s Data: Hacker Vigilantism May Even Help Criminals More Than Law EnforcementJanuary 19, 2021
Last week, shortly before Amazon took the Parler social network offline by terminating the latter’s hosting...
Uber’s Former Chief Security Officer (CSO) Charged With Crimes For Allegedly Trying To Cover Up Data BreachAugust 25, 2020
A criminal complaint filed last Thursday in federal court charges Uber’s former Chief Security Officer (CSO),...
You Cannot Reset Your Fingerprints: Major Breach In Security System Used By Banks And Police Underscores A Severe Problem With Biometric AuthenticationAugust 15, 2019
The fingerprints of over 1 million people, as well facial recognition information, unencrypted passwords, and other...
30 Years Ago Today The New York Post Shockingly Published A Stolen Exam Answer Key On Its Cover, Unknowingly Awakening An Interest In Information Security Just As The Internet Era Was To BeginJune 20, 2019
Thirty years ago today, the New York Post made a dramatic move in an effort to...
Deja-Vu: Check Your Venmo Settings Right Now Unless You Want Everyone To See How You Spend Your MoneyJune 18, 2019
If, like millions of other people, you use Venmo, the PayPal-owned online payment system that sports...
CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO
Marriott Data Breach Compromised 500 Million Starwood Guest AccountsNovember 30, 2018
Marriott, one of world’s largest hotel conglomerates, said today that the guest reservation system of Starwood...
Google Shuts Down Google+ Social Network After Wall Street Journal Reports Serious Security FailureOctober 8, 2018
Google announced on Monday that it is shutting down its Google+ (Google Plus) social network for...
Facebook Security Breach Allowed Hackers To Control Up To 50 Million Users’ AccountsSeptember 28, 2018
Facebook revealed today that attackers successfully exploited a vulnerability in its code in such a manner...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2021 (14)
- ▼February (6)
- Do Not Post Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card On Social Media
- Beware Fraudulent Emails, Websites, and Faxes Bearing Names Of Real Attorneys And Law Firms
- Giving Smaller Businesses The Critical Power Of Large Community Threat Intelligence: A High-Level Look at CrowdSec
- Free COVID-19 Masks Arriving At People’s Homes Across The USA Are Likely Part Of A Cyber Scam
- La Cybersécurité pour les Nuls: Best-Selling “Cybersecurity For Dummies” Book Now Available In French
- Online Retailers That Cancel Purchases Continue To Utilize Personal Information Gathered During The Attempted Transactions
- ►January (8)
- ▼February (6)
- ►2020 (51)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (10)
- Book Review (8)
- Cool Tech (48)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (295)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (14)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (13)
- News (107)
- Politics (26)
- Privacy (16)
- Product Review (2)
- Scams and Crime (58)
- Social Media (37)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER