Encryption Company Sues CyberSecurity Conference After Getting Booed, Heckled, And RidiculedAugust 26, 2019
Cryptography startup, Crown Sterling, is suing the organizers of the Black Hat USA cybersecurity conference after...
You Cannot Reset Your Fingerprints: Major Breach In Security System Used By Banks And Police Underscores A Severe Problem With Biometric AuthenticationAugust 15, 2019
The fingerprints of over 1 million people, as well facial recognition information, unencrypted passwords, and other...
Capital One Breach Statement: No Social Security Numbers Were Compromised… Other Than 140,000 Social Security NumbersJuly 30, 2019
Capital One Financial Corporation announced today that ten days ago it determined that an unauthorized party,...
The Government Wants To Dramatically Weaken Your Encryption. Here Is Why It Should Not.July 3, 2019
Late last week, reports emerged that, once again, senior United States government officials are contemplating seeking...
30 Years Ago Today The New York Post Shockingly Published A Stolen Exam Answer Key On Its Cover, Unknowingly Awakening An Interest In Information Security Just As The Internet Era Was To BeginJune 20, 2019
Thirty years ago today, the New York Post made a dramatic move in an effort to...
Deja-Vu: Check Your Venmo Settings Right Now Unless You Want Everyone To See How You Spend Your MoneyJune 18, 2019
If, like millions of other people, you use Venmo, the PayPal-owned online payment system that sports...
Opinion: Congress Must Extend Civil Rights Protections To Social Media UsersMay 8, 2019
Over the past week, Facebook banned various controversial figures from its platforms; the social-media giant publicly...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2020 (7)
- ▼January (7)
- Why You Should Stop Using Windows 7 ASAP
- Apple vs. FBI Round 2: Apple Refuses To Unlock Phones Belonging To Florida Naval Air Station Shooter
- Apple vs. The FBI: What Does the Law Actually Say?
- Why Apple Is Fighting the FBI – and What It Means to You
- Y2K-Type Bug Hits New York City And Various Businesses 20 Years After Y2K
- Do Not Abbreviate The Year 2020 As “20” When Writing The Date: Use “January 3, 2020,” Not “1/3/20”
- The 2020s Will Be The Decade Of Artificial Intelligence - And Huge Related Societal Challenges
- ▼January (7)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (6)
- Book Review (4)
- Cool Tech (38)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (243)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (11)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (7)
- News (67)
- Politics (12)
- Privacy (4)
- Product Review (1)
- Scams and Crime (42)
- Social Media (30)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER