There appears to be evidence that user information belonging to the Friend Finder Network of adult sites – including AdultFriendFinder, self-described as “one of the world’s largest sex hookup” sites, and various pornographic sites such as Cams.com and Penthouse.com – was stolen by hackers in October. Worse yet, it appears that the sites may have maintained information on deleted accounts – so, even people who had accounts and later deleted them may be exposed. Passwords – apparently improperly protected on the adult network – may have leaked as well.
More in CyberSecurity
Consolidating And Strengthening Internal Environment Protection: A High-Level Look At Cynet
One of the most powerful defense techniques against hackers who have invaded systems and networks is...
Opinion: Congress Must Extend Civil Rights Protections To Social Media Users
Over the past week, Facebook banned various controversial figures from its platforms; the social-media giant publicly...
In A Cyberwar First, Israel Destroys Cyber-Terrorist Operations Center With An Air Strike
Israel’s military said yesterday that it neutralized a major cyberattack by Hamas, and subsequently destroyed the...
Scam Alert: Fake Social Security Administration Warning About Your Social Security Number Being Compromised
A new variant of an old scam seems to have recently resurfaced, so here is a...
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
CEOs: Firms That Best Leverage Data Will Beat Their Competitors – But To Do So They Must Overcome These Risks
A recent survey of CEOs conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the largest professional services firm in the world,...
FBI: $2.7 Billion Of Cybercrime Complaints In 2018; Many Of The Crimes Involve No Hacking
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) this week released its 2018 Internet Crime Report which...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2019 (24)
- ▼May (6)
- Consolidating And Strengthening Internal Environment Protection: A High-Level Look At Cynet
- Perfectly-Timed Phishing Emails Trick Both Man and Machine
- Cyber Investing Summit - May 16 - NYC
- Opinion: Congress Must Extend Civil Rights Protections To Social Media Users
- In A Cyberwar First, Israel Destroys Cyber-Terrorist Operations Center With An Air Strike
- Scam Alert: Fake Social Security Administration Warning About Your Social Security Number Being Compromised
- ►April (5)
- ►March (3)
- ►February (5)
- ►January (5)
- ▼May (6)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (104)
- ►2016 (28)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (4)
- Book Review (4)
- Cool Tech (33)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (214)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (10)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (6)
- News (48)
- Politics (7)
- Product Review (1)
- Scams and Crime (38)
- Social Media (26)
- Toys / Children (9)
- Video (4)