At the Web Summit in Lisbon several days ago, Facebook’s Chief Security Officer, Alex Stamos, noted that, in an effort to ensure that no compromised passwords are used on Facebook, Facebook purchases lists of stolen passwords from hackers who sell them through various dark-web marketplaces — i.e., the black market of cyberspace.
More in CyberSecurity
12 Types Of Data That Businesses Need To Protect But Often Do Not
As is obvious from seemingly incessant news reports of data breaches, businesses often do not adequately...
Facebook, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, and 30 Other Global Companies Make Joint CyberSecurity Pledge
34 global technology and security companies today announced a Cybersecurity Tech Accord, likely the largest-ever formal...
Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption – What Is The Difference? (Short Video)
Today’s short cybersecurity video: What is the Difference Between Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption?
8 Ways to Protect Yourself From Scams and Data Collection on Social Media
Here are eight ways to avoid scams on social media, and to help protect your personal information...
Why You Should Ignore Everything That You Have Been Told About Passwords
How many times have we all heard the following recommendations repeated by “experts” in school, at...
BlockChain / ICO
SEC Warns Of Impersonators Seeking To Steal Private Information And Money
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued a warning to the public yesterday concerning...
POSTS BY DATE
- ►2018 (52)
- ▼April (12)
- 12 Types Of Data That Businesses Need To Protect But Often Do Not
- Facebook, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, and 30 Other Global Companies Make Joint CyberSecurity Pledge
- How Criminals Steal Cryptocurrency (InfoGraphic)
- Google Loses Landmark "Right to be Forgotten" Case
- Why You Should Not Borrow A Phone Charger (Short Video)
- How to Avoid Dangerous LinkedIn Scams
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption - What Is The Difference? (Short Video)
- 8 Ways to Protect Yourself From Scams and Data Collection on Social Media
- Why You Should Ignore Everything That You Have Been Told About Passwords
- SEC Warns Of Impersonators Seeking To Steal Private Information And Money
- 8 Reasons CyberSecurity Spending Is Much Higher Than You Think
- Joseph Steinberg: I Am Going Independent After 6 Years With Forbes And Inc.
- ►March (17)
- ►February (14)
- ►January (9)
- ▼April (12)
- ►2017 (112)
- ►2016 (30)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER