All posts tagged "CyberSecurity"
Why File Based Attacks Still Inflict Severe Damage After 30+ YearsOctober 2, 2019
File-based cyberattacks, in which attackers send files, such as Microsoft Word documents or Adobe Acrobat PDFs,...
WhatsApp ‘Delete for Everyone’ Doesn’t Always ‘Delete For Everyone’September 18, 2019
WhatsApp, the world’s most popular chat and messaging app, offers a “Delete for Everyone” feature that...
Women’s Sexual Habits and Other Extremely Personal Information Were Shared With Facebook By Popular Period Tracking AppsSeptember 10, 2019
Two popular period-tracking apps are believed to have shared their users’ personal information – including details...
Incorrect Passwords Entered During Login Attempts Should Be Considered Private DataSeptember 5, 2019
While pretty much everyone in the modern world understands that passwords should be treated as private...
Encryption Company Sues CyberSecurity Conference After Getting Booed, Heckled, And RidiculedAugust 26, 2019
Cryptography startup, Crown Sterling, is suing the organizers of the Black Hat USA cybersecurity conference after...
You Cannot Reset Your Fingerprints: Major Breach In Security System Used By Banks And Police Underscores A Severe Problem With Biometric AuthenticationAugust 15, 2019
The fingerprints of over 1 million people, as well facial recognition information, unencrypted passwords, and other...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2020 (7)
- ▼January (7)
- Why You Should Stop Using Windows 7 ASAP
- Apple vs. FBI Round 2: Apple Refuses To Unlock Phones Belonging To Florida Naval Air Station Shooter
- Apple vs. The FBI: What Does the Law Actually Say?
- Why Apple Is Fighting the FBI – and What It Means to You
- Y2K-Type Bug Hits New York City And Various Businesses 20 Years After Y2K
- Do Not Abbreviate The Year 2020 As “20” When Writing The Date: Use “January 3, 2020,” Not “1/3/20”
- The 2020s Will Be The Decade Of Artificial Intelligence - And Huge Related Societal Challenges
- ▼January (7)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (6)
- Book Review (4)
- Cool Tech (38)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (243)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (11)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (7)
- News (67)
- Politics (12)
- Privacy (4)
- Product Review (1)
- Scams and Crime (42)
- Social Media (30)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER