All posts tagged "CyberSecurity"
Capital One Breach Statement: No Social Security Numbers Were Compromised… Other Than 140,000 Social Security NumbersJuly 30, 2019
Capital One Financial Corporation announced today that ten days ago it determined that an unauthorized party,...
FaceApp: How You Can Safely Use The Viral Photo Manipulation App Despite Serious Privacy ConcernsJuly 18, 2019
Despite all of the warnings that you have seen, it is possible to use FaceApp without...
Fraudulent WhatsApp Messages Circulate Telling Users That They Must Pay To Continue Using the AppJuly 8, 2019
Over the past few days, several scam messages began circulating via WhatsApp – some of which...
The Government Wants To Dramatically Weaken Your Encryption. Here Is Why It Should Not.July 3, 2019
Late last week, reports emerged that, once again, senior United States government officials are contemplating seeking...
By Paying $600,000 Ransomware Demand Florida City Exposes All American Towns To DangerJune 23, 2019
The city of Riviera Beach, Florida, last week agreed to pay hackers $600,000 to regain control...
30 Years Ago Today The New York Post Shockingly Published A Stolen Exam Answer Key On Its Cover, Unknowingly Awakening An Interest In Information Security Just As The Internet Era Was To BeginJune 20, 2019
Thirty years ago today, the New York Post made a dramatic move in an effort to...
Deja-Vu: Check Your Venmo Settings Right Now Unless You Want Everyone To See How You Spend Your MoneyJune 18, 2019
If, like millions of other people, you use Venmo, the PayPal-owned online payment system that sports...
Hackers Can Steal Your Passwords, Emails, And Texts By Listening As You Type On Your SmartphoneJune 11, 2019
Hackers may be able to read whatever you type on a smartphone – by listening in...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2020 (7)
- ▼January (7)
- Why You Should Stop Using Windows 7 ASAP
- Apple vs. FBI Round 2: Apple Refuses To Unlock Phones Belonging To Florida Naval Air Station Shooter
- Apple vs. The FBI: What Does the Law Actually Say?
- Why Apple Is Fighting the FBI – and What It Means to You
- Y2K-Type Bug Hits New York City And Various Businesses 20 Years After Y2K
- Do Not Abbreviate The Year 2020 As “20” When Writing The Date: Use “January 3, 2020,” Not “1/3/20”
- The 2020s Will Be The Decade Of Artificial Intelligence - And Huge Related Societal Challenges
- ▼January (7)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (6)
- Book Review (4)
- Cool Tech (38)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (243)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (11)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (7)
- News (67)
- Politics (12)
- Privacy (4)
- Product Review (1)
- Scams and Crime (42)
- Social Media (30)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER