All posts tagged "CyberSecurity"
Beware Fraudulent Emails, Websites, and Faxes Bearing Names Of Real Attorneys And Law FirmsFebruary 10, 2021
Criminals are impersonating attorneys and law firms as part of sophisticated versions of classic “Nigerian Prince”...
Giving Smaller Businesses The Critical Power Of Large Community Threat Intelligence: A High-Level Look at CrowdSecFebruary 9, 2021
As I discussed last month, smaller businesses continue to suffer a disproportionate share of severe cyber-breaches,...
Free COVID-19 Masks Arriving At People’s Homes Across The USA Are Likely Part Of A Cyber ScamFebruary 7, 2021
People living in many different areas of the USA are reporting receiving to their homes in...
La Cybersécurité pour les Nuls: Best-Selling “Cybersecurity For Dummies” Book Now Available In FrenchFebruary 3, 2021
Cybersecurity For Dummies, the best-selling cybersecurity guide written by Joseph Steinberg for general audiences, is now...
Online Retailers That Cancel Purchases Continue To Utilize Personal Information Gathered During The Attempted TransactionsFebruary 2, 2021
While we have become somewhat accustomed to the data collection practices of online retailers seeking to...
Keyless Car Entry Systems May Allow Anyone To Open And Steal Your VehicleJanuary 28, 2021
Hands-free car-entry systems that allow people to unlock their car doors without the need to push...
Joseph Steinberg Appointed To CompTIA Cybersecurity Advisory CouncilJanuary 25, 2021
Long-time cybersecurity-industry veteran, Joseph Steinberg, has been appointed by CompTIA, the information technology (IT) industry’s nonprofit...
Small Business Are Suffering Breaches – And Going Bust – Because They Don’t Have Access to Cyber-Threat IntelligenceJanuary 12, 2021
In the context of cybersecurity, threat intelligence refers to information about hostile actors and/or the threats...
Images Of Government-Issued IDs Should Not Be Trusted For AuthenticationJanuary 11, 2021
Government Issued identity documents (IDs), such as passports and drivers’ licenses, may be appropriate forms of...
Every Computer and Smartphone in the Capitol Should be Considered Compromised and DangerousJanuary 7, 2021
While much of the security-oriented focus regarding the storming of the Capitol building by protesters yesterday...
POSTS BY DATE
- ▼2021 (14)
- ▼February (6)
- Do Not Post Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card On Social Media
- Beware Fraudulent Emails, Websites, and Faxes Bearing Names Of Real Attorneys And Law Firms
- Giving Smaller Businesses The Critical Power Of Large Community Threat Intelligence: A High-Level Look at CrowdSec
- Free COVID-19 Masks Arriving At People’s Homes Across The USA Are Likely Part Of A Cyber Scam
- La Cybersécurité pour les Nuls: Best-Selling “Cybersecurity For Dummies” Book Now Available In French
- Online Retailers That Cancel Purchases Continue To Utilize Personal Information Gathered During The Attempted Transactions
- ►January (8)
- ▼February (6)
- ►2020 (51)
- ►2019 (54)
- ►2018 (106)
- ►2017 (101)
- ►2016 (26)
POSTS BY CATEGORY
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (10)
- Book Review (8)
- Cool Tech (48)
- CryptoCurrency / BlockChain / ICO (27)
- CyberSecurity (295)
- Entrepreneurship (25)
- Events (7)
- In My Humble Opinion… (14)
- InfoGraphic (1)
- New York (13)
- News (107)
- Politics (26)
- Privacy (16)
- Product Review (2)
- Scams and Crime (58)
- Social Media (37)
- Toys / Children (10)
- Video (4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER